Fire Instructor BridgeThe Ohio Fire and EMS Instructor Training Program contains education standards approved and adopted by the Emergency Medical, Fire, and Transportation Services Board.
Prior to admission into a Fire Instructor course, candidate shall meet all of the following requirements:
* In the preceding seven years, have at least five years of experience as a certified firefighter;
* Possess a current and valid firefighter certificate;
* Successfully pass instructor knowledge examination at the firefighter II level, within one year prior to the start of a fire instructor course.
* Submit a completed Fire Instructor, Assistant Fire Instructor and/or Fire Safety Inspector Instructor Initial Application whtin two years of passing the knowledge exam.
* Comply with rule OAC 4765-21-3.
Please contact our office regarding availability of this course: