EMS Instructor Training BridgeThe Ohio Fire and EMS Instructor Training Program contain education standards approved and adopted by the Emergency Medical, Fire, and Transportation Services Board.
EMS Instructor Candidate
* Possess a certificate as a FR, EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P, RN or PA;
* In the preceding 7 years, have at least 5 years of experience as a FR, EMT-B, EMT-I, EMT-P, RN or PA;
* Pass the instructor knowledge examination at the level of certification within last 3 years, (RN & PA tests at Medic level);
* Pass the practical skills exams, administered under the auspices of the sponsoring institution, at the level of certification within last 3 years, (RN & PA tests at Medic level);
* Completion of 40 Hours of Instruction of adult students and basic teaching techniques; and
* Comply with OAC 4765-8-01 (A)(6) to (A)(12).
EMS Instructor Student Contact Hours:
EMS Training Module (8 Hours)
Supervised Teaching (10 Hours)
Instructional Methods Examination (2 Hours)
There are no scheduled sessions at this time. Sign up to be notified when this course is available.